- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C1 Morgan Aero 8 Chronometer
DescriptionPossessing the most elaborate dial design of our Morgan Chronometers, the Aero 8's multi-layered dial features a striking concentric pattern. The central section - azure textured, and finished in Opalin white - is surrounded by a cambered black outer ring that displays the watch's Arabic numerals. The dial is a masterclass in depth and texture.
Referencing the Aero 8's dashboard, two subdials are located at 6 and 9 o'clock, displaying two different horological complications that have been added to our in-house movement, Calibre SH21. While mimicking the dial's overall aesthetic, hints of red are introduced: firstly on the fuel gauge-inspired power reserve indicator, with the other being the small seconds hand at 6 o'clock.
The Aero 8 Chronometer's case is just as beautiful. Inheriting our signature Grand Malvern design - created by Senior Designer Adrian Buchmann to produce something not only beautiful to look at, but also discernibly our own - its 40.5mm size means it'll suit all wrists (and fit under those driving gloves). With its graceful metallic form, the Aero 8's case may just remind you of a certain Malvern-built car...
MovementThe only model of our three Morgan Chronometers to offer both small second and power reserve modifications to our in-house movement, Calibre SH21, the Aero 8 is a watch with serious horological horsepower. Designed in-house by our Technical Director Johannes Jahnke and the first commercially viable movement from a British watch brand in over 50 years, its technical pedigree is matched by an appropriately special finish.
Visible through a museum grade sapphire case back, Calibre SH21's bridge has been specially skeletonised to reflect the advanced engineering of the Aero 8 car, whilst revealing its twin barrels underneath. When fully wound, both barrels - decorated here with an intricate concentric design - can supply five days' worth of chronometer-certified timekeeping. The result is a movement that sits in the top 5% of all Swiss-made calibres for accuracy; it's the ideal piece of engineering to partner the technical expertise of your Morgan car.
- Diameter: 40.5mm
- Height: 11.65mm
- Weight: 60g
- Calibre: SH21 power reserve chronometer (COSC), hand-wound
- Case: Marine-grade steel case
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM (30 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: +6/-4 seconds per day
- Lug to lug: 48.5mm
- Strap: 20mm
- Swiss made
- Christopher Ward's in-house 31 jewel hand-wound Calibre SH21
- 120 hour power reserve with power reserve complication
- Chronometer-certified (COSC)
- Colimacone finish to movement with bespoke black PVD skeletonised bridge and polished chamfers
- Polished surgical-grade brushed stainless steel case with polished chamfers
- Push-down crown with Morgan logotype
- Anti-reflective double curve top sapphire crystal
- Brushed and polished steel hands
- Screw-in exhibition case back with engraved Morgan chassis number and serial number
- Italian Piccari leather strap with dress clasp and engraved CW motif
- Luxury presentation case and owner's handbook