- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C3 Morgan Chronograph
DescriptionThe fifth watch to be crafted between the design teams at Park Street and Pickersleigh Road, the C3 Morgan Chronograph moves our very British partnership into an exciting new territory. With a quartz chronograph movement at its core, the C3 Morgan ensures that the British design principles found at the heart of our two companies, along with the Swiss expertise of our Biel-based atelier, are now accessible to all.
Sharing similarities with our C3 Malvern Chronograph Mk III - Malvern, coincidentally, being where Morgan's factory is based - the Morgan Chronograph embraces the vintage car dashboard influences prominent throughout our C3 range. But, as is the spirit of Morgan, this watch does things a little differently. While any CW enthusiast will recognise the distinctively brushed and polished case of our Malvern dress line, that is almost entirely the extent that they'd know this is a CW. Replacing Christopher Ward's logo on the C3's vintage silver-white dial, Morgan's distinctive 'wings' instantly convey the history of a business founded by H.F.S. Morgan in 1909, while on its backplate, the very same pattern has been deeply engraved. In fact, the only few mentions of Christopher Ward's involvement in this watch can be found on the backplate and crown, the latter being where our twin-flags emblem has too been engraved - an acknowledgement of the British design and Swiss expertise involved in the C3's manufacture.
Essential for any motorsport-influenced watch, a tachymeter runs around the outside of the C3 Morgan's dial, while large Arabic numerals are a nod to dashboards found in elegant sports cars like the Morgan 4/4 and Roadster. Two lateral bi-compax sub-dials are adorned with an azzure finish that will provide life and light to the dial, while a date window is neatly situated at 6 o'clock. The overall appearance reflects the charming personality and expertise involved in the many cars lovingly hand-built in Malvern for over a century.
MovementChosen for the placement of its subdials at 9 and 3 o'clock, the Swiss-made Ronda 5021.D features a 30 minute counter and small second capability, plus add and split functions. Gold-plated on its exterior, its 10 jewels will reduce friction and maintain reliability over extended periods of time.
Another useful feature is its power saving mechanism: the 5021.D has the potential to last up to 54 month from its date of production if its power saving mode is employed. This is achieved by pulling the crown out when the watch is not in use, improving energy consumption by up to 70%.
- Diameter: 39mm
- Height: 10.8mm
- Weight: 46g
- Calibre: Ronda 5021.D
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 3 ATM (30 metres)
- Timing tolerance: -10/+20 secs per month
- Dial colour: Silver White
- Lug to lug: 45.8mm
- Strap: 20mm
- Swiss made
- Quartz chronograph movement
- Add & Split-time functions
- Small second and 30-minute counters. Center stop second (1/1 sec)
- Date window
- Stainless steel case with brushed and polished facets
- Push-down crown with twin flag motif, two pushers to operate subdials
- Anti-reflective double curve top sapphire crystal
- Domed silver-white finish dial with printed Morgan wings and azzure subdial finish
- Applied Arabic numerals and dot markers
- Brushed, polished and curved hour, minute and central second hands
- Snap case back with unique Morgan wings engraving and serial number
- Italian Piccari leather strap with dress clasp and engraved CW motif
- Luxury presentation case and owner's handbook