- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C60 Apex Limited Edition
DescriptionIt's not every day we design a dive watch in collaboration with Swiss skeleton watch pioneers Armin Strom, complete with exhibition case back, helium release valve and power reserve indicator. But then again, it's not every day your in-house chronometer - the first commercially viable movement by a British brand in 50 years - celebrates its fifth birthday.
Our second Apex - a series that allows our design and technical teams to, well, cut loose - doubles as the first time its exposed aesthetic has appeared in our dive collection. When developing the C60 Apex, the challenge was to transition the Apex's semi-open approach into a watch that could thrive below the ocean's surface. And this 100-piece limited edition delivers: marking the first time a Trident has featured an exhibition case back, granting superb views of the decorated Calibre SH21 present inside its marine-grade stainless steel case, it remains water-resistant to depths of 300m. Located on the side of its sleek and graceful 'light-catcher' case, a helium release valve reinforces the Apex to be a diving tool that can be relied upon.
For a release designed to celebrate one of the brand's greatest achievements, no expense was spared in crafting the most daring dive watch CW has attempted. Sporting a navy blue and orange colour scheme, the C60 Apex's dial is rich in detail: an anodised orange power reserve indicator rests upon a 3D bridge at 9 o'clock, while SH21's exposed hour wheel is surrounded by vertically lined plating. The volume present throughout is emphasised by the Apex's raised indexes and hands: brushed, polished and multi-faceted, they're filled with Grade X1 GL C1 Super-LumiNova®; the same lume applied to the markings and numerals found on its zirconia ceramic bezel.
MovementWhile we could fill pages with the nuances of the Apex's dial, this watch wouldn't exist if it weren't for the movement inside it.
To celebrate its fifth birthday, an automatic version of Calibre SH21 has been adorned with a number of intricate design flourishes that are visible through museum-grade sapphire crystal. For example, SH21's rotor boasts a brand new design. Constructed from aluminium and tungsten - the latter material's heavier mass allowing us to use less of it with no impact upon performance - its hollowed outer semi-circle has been finished in anodised orange. Look past that, and a skeletonised bridge features the very same vertically engraved lines that appear on the Apex's dial; with design and engineering working together cohesively, the C60 represents the art of horology in its purest form.
Over the past five years, Calibre SH21's appearance has often been tailored to match the genre of watch it has appeared in; yet the technical specifications that warranted such astonishment upon its release have remained the same. Foremost, SH21 can deliver 120 hours of chronometer-certified timekeeping when fully wound thanks to its twin barrel construction. Factor in its power reserve indicator and cut-out date wheel, plus SH21's stringent testing in a number of positions and temperatures by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres that place it within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy, the C60 Apex is a technical colossus. As its name suggests, it represents the pinnacle of what a dive watch should be.
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 16.35mm
- Weight: 99g
- Calibre: SH21 - automatic with power reserve complication
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 30 ATM (300 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colours: Blue/Orange
- Lume: Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 GL C1
- Strap width: 22mm
- Lug to Lug: 54mm
- Limited Edition of 100 pieces
- Swiss made
- 35 jewel self-winding chronometer with power reserve complication
- 120 hour power reserve
- Hour, minute, central seconds, date
- Skeletonised bridge and decorated barrels, with anodised aluminium and tungsten rotor
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- Unidirectional zirconia (ZrO²) ceramic bezel
- Integrated automatic helium release valve
- Anti-reflective flat sapphire crystal
- Semi-open dial with circular brushed Ruthenium ring, engraved Ruthenium plate and orange anodised aluminium bridge
- Bevelled matte blue outer ring with white minute markers, intersected with brushed and polished bevelled rhodium five-minute markers
- Shiny blue power reserve indicator ring with orange numerals and circular brushed rhodium outer ring
- Cut-out date wheel date wheel
- Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 GL C1 hands, indexes and bezel
- Top-brushed indexes with diamond polished facets
- Sandblasted and polished hands
- Signature Trident counter-balance on seconds hand
- Exhibition backplate with unique engraved serial number
- Cordura® and rubber hybrid waterproof strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook