- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Cranwell Series 1
DescriptionHighly legible and accurate, the C65 Cranwell finds inspiration in two of the most definitive pilot's watches ever made: the '6B/346' models produced by Jaeger-LeCoultre and IWC.
As a watch with one foot in the aviation genre - a style known for its typically larger sizes - the C65 Cranwell utilises CW's graceful 'light-catcher' case in 41mm. This larger space provides extra scope for the decoration of its backplate, where the Royal Air Force's iconic Heraldic badge takes pride of place. The intricacy of its deep-stamped backplate is equalled across the remainder of the case, where brushed and polished facets are emphasised by delicately contouring lines that run from its central 'waist' section down to its gently inclining lugs.
Framed within its fixed brushed bezel, the C65 Cranwell's dial integrates a selection of aeronautical details. With the two 6B/346 watches that inspired it born out of a need for greater accuracy, the Cranwell has replaced conventional 12-hour numerals with minute numerals, bestowing a military feel. Old Radium has then been applied to indexes every quarter hour and a triangle at 12 o'clock - useful for orientating its wearer if holding their watch in the dark - while white Super-LumiNova-coated numerals ensure excellent levels of legibility with during night-time operations. Elsewhere, a protruding 'glass box' crystal provide a nod to the vintage stylings of over half a century ago, while baton-shaped hands and a needle-shaped white seconds hand remembers the style used throughout both the Jaeger-LeCoultre and IWC.
MovementAccuracy played an intrinsic part in the narratives of both watches that inspired the C65 Cranwell, which is why it made sense for a chronometer-certified Sellita SW200-1 movement to feature inside it. Accurate to within just -4/+6 seconds per day, the SW200-1 has passed through the world-renowned Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres facility and emerged with certification listing its exemplary performance in a variety of different positions and temperatures. In fact, its chronometer status means the C65 Cranwell sits within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy - fitting for a watch that proudly displays the Royal Air Force's insignia.
Boasting a 4Hz frequency (equating to 28,800 vibrations per hour, or eight ticks per second), a 38-hour power reserve and an in-built shock system that'll protect its internal working during any particular bumpy take-offs or landings, the SW200-1 is a Swiss-made automatic movement that'll keep the C65 Cranwell flying along smoothly.
- Diameter: 41mm
- Height: 11.55mm
- Weight: 65g
- Calibre: Sellita SW200 COSC
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Black
- Lume: T-C1 and Old Radium Super-LumiNova
- Lug to lug: 47.1mm
- Strap width: 22mm
- Swiss made
- 26 jewel self-winding mechanical chronometer
- 38 hour power reserve
- Christopher Ward 'Colimacone' finish on movement
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- High Definition Royal Air Force Heraldic badge insignia screw-down backplate
- Push-in crown stamped with twin flag motif
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Matte finish dial
- Christopher Ward logo at 12 o'clock
- T-C1 Super-LumiNova-printed Arabic numerals
- Old Radium-filled hands, triangle and quarterly indexes
- White needle-shaped seconds hand
- Unique engraved serial number
- Premium quality canvas webbing strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook