- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition
DescriptionIf the original C65 Trident Diver captured the romantic nostalgia of dive watches worn by Connery in his early days as a secret agent, then the new C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition represents the modern-day capabilities of Daniel Craig.
Building on the foundation established by the original C65 Trident Diver - a design that blended rectangular indexes, Arabic numerals and baton-shaped hands with Old Radium Super-LumiNova - the most obvious additions to the C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition are the presence of two subdials and a date wheel. These two subdials, a power reserve indicator at 9 o'clock and a small second complication at 6, are recessed into the dial and have a circular azzuré finish that will capture the light from different angles; the former also introduces a splash of the colour red to notify its wearer that they are approaching the final 24 hours of Calibre SH21's five-day power reserve.
Having been influenced by the design of vintage dive watches, the C65 manages to channel a number of '60s cues (whilst still recognisably being a CW, of course). There's the slim aluminium bezel with applied numerals; a 'glass box' sapphire crystal; a push-in crown; a water resistance of 150m. Combined with CW's 'light-catcher' case, a quietly impressive piece of design that accentuates gently sloping lines with brushed and polished steel surfaces to create a slimming effect on the wrist, the C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition applies the finest of today's engineering to its vintage aesthetic.
MovementAlthough retro in appearance, the engineering inside the C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition is anything but. Calibre SH21, CW's in-house movement, is present; this C65 marks the first time SH21 has appeared in automatic form with small second and power reserve subdials - each has been built by hand, consisting of 124 total parts. Its small second subdial harks back to a traditional era of watchmaking, while a power reserve indicator is a more modern innovation, allowing its user to monitor what remains of the 120-hour power reserve stored between SH21's twin barrels.
Calibre SH21's technical capabilities provide a constant reminder of the expertise found inside CW's Swiss atelier. Every SH21 has received chronometer certification by the Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres, an institute responsible for maintaining the world-class reputation of Swiss horology. These tests, utilising different positions and temperatures over a 15-day period to ensure timekeeping within -4/+6 seconds per day, confirms the C65 Trident Diver SH21 Limited Edition sits within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy.
- Diameter: 41mm
- Height: 13.4mm
- Weight: 77g
- Calibre: Calibre SH21 automatic chronometer (COSC) with power reserve indicator
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Dial colour: Blue
- Lume: Old Radium Super-LumiNova
- Strap width: 22mm
- Strap colour: Camel
- Lug to Lug: 47.1mm
- Limited edition of 150 pieces
- Swiss made
- In-house 33 jewel Calibre SH21 automatic movement
- 120 hour power reserve with power reserve indicator complication
- Hour, minute, small second, date
- Anti-shock system
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- High Definition "Trident" motif screw-down backplate
- Push-in crown stamped with twin flag motif
- Unidirectional aluminium bezel
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Matte finish dial
- Azzure subdial finish
- Christopher Ward at 12 o'clock
- Old Radium Super-LumiNova indexes, numerals and hands
- Unique engraved serial number
- Vintage finish leather strap with hand-sewn whip stitch and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook