- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C8 Flyer Automatic
DescriptionThe distinguished history of British aviation has been largely ignored by watch designers in favour of the ubiquitous B-Uhr style - until now.
Our C8 Flyer Automatic, powered by one of two famous mechanical movements, celebrates two icons of Britain's flying heritage: the Supermarine Spitfire and the Farnborough wind tunnels. The latter helped shape the aerodynamics of many aircraft - including the Spitfire itself.
Based on the Smith's Mark II A clock found in the instrument panel of the Spitfire, the C8's dial's wonderfully retro design is augmented by high-grade lume for easy reading in the dark.
The Farnborough tunnels are represented by a 3D-stamped representation of their mahogany blades on the caseback, while the attention-to-aviation-detail is completed by the over-sized 'onion' crown.
MovementThe ETA 2824-2 and/or the Sellita SW200-1 (identical apart from an additional 26th jewel) self-winding mechanical movements are the most common in fine watchmaking.
A solid construction, including a strong mainspring, makes them reliable and robust, with both boasting a classic frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (that's eight ticks per second).
They're also excellent timekeepers.
- Diameter: 38mm
- Height: 11.0mm
- Weight: 66g
- Calibre: Sellita SW200-1 (or ETA 2824) - stock dependent
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM
- Strap: 20mm
- Vibrations: 28800 per hour
- Timing tolerance: +20/-20 seconds per day
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Swiss made
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- 38 Hour power reserve
- Date calendar
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- 38mm hand finished, marine grade stainless steel case
- Screw-in back plate with Farnborough wind tunnel design
- Aviators diamond crown with CW logo
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Specially developed, bespoke Vintage Radium Super-Luminova hands and indices
- Raised indices at 3,6,9 and 12 o'clock
- Whip stitch vintage leather strap with CW motif buckle
- Beautiful presentation case, owner's handbook and microfibre cleaning cloth