- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Dartmouth Series 1
DescriptionLicensed by the UK Ministry of Defence to produce watches bearing official military insignia, the C65 Dartmouth flies the flag for the Royal Navy. Its strength, similar to the style of many other vintage watches, lies in its simplicity and implementation.
Inspired by the Omega Seamaster 300 'Big Triangle' - initially known as the Royal Navy 0552, a Ministry of Defence-commissioned piece that saw the first appearance of the popular inverted triangle later exported to civilian versions - it's appropriate that the Dartmouth should find its place within Christopher Ward's C65 family. A dive watch range rooted in the style of the mid 1960s - around the time the 'Big Triangle' entered service in 1967, in fact - the Dartmouth inherits an aesthetic and features atypical of watches released during that iconic period.
Utilising the C65 family's 'light-catcher' case, the C65 Dartmouth recalls the lithe dive watches worn 50 years ago - complete with 'glass box' crystal and 150m water resistance. Yet the most painstakingly realised detail lies on its reverse: here, the Royal Navy's Naval crown insignia has been deep-stamped into the Dartmouth's stainless steel backplate. This is the only explicit reference to the Royal Navy present on the C65 Dartmouth, the mixture of polishing and texture only accentuates the intricacy of its finishing further. It's a level of detail the C65 Dartmouth deserves.
MovementIt only seems right that a watch carrying the insignia of the Royal Navy, with its Dartmouth training academy instilling the highest discipline and organisation, needs to adhere to the very same kind of values.
A movement to be relied upon, a chronometer-certified Sellita SW200-1 features inside the C65 Dartmouth. A Swiss-made self-winding calibre with a 4 Hz beat frequency - equating to eight ticks a second - the SW200-1's in-built anti-shock system will also offer peace of mind to those who might occasionally expose their watch to the odd bump or knock (as we suspect this watch just might be).
Most importantly, the SW200-1 has passed rigorous testing by the Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres (COSC), ensuring it abides within a timing tolerance of -4/+6 seconds per day. Having been tested in a number of positions and temperatures to receive its COSC documentation, the end result is that the C65 Dartmouth sits within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy.
- Diameter: 41mm
- Height: 11.55mm
- Weight: 65g
- Calibre: Sellita SW200 COSC
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Blue
- Lume: T-C1 Super-LumiNova
- Strap width: 22mm
- Strap colour: Blue
- Lug to Lug: 47.1mm
- Swiss made
- 26 jewel self-winding mechanical chronometer
- 38 hour power reserve
- Christopher Ward 'Colimacone' finish on movement
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- High Definition Royal Navy Naval crown screw-down backplate
- Push-in crown stamped with twin flag motif
- Unidirectional aluminium bezel with TC-1 SuperLumiNova-applied numerals and markers
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Matte finish dial
- Christopher Ward logo at 12 o'clock
- TC-1 SuperLumiNova-filled hands, inverted 'wedge' and tapering indexes
- Distinctive arrow-shaped seconds hand
- Unique engraved serial number
- Premium quality canvas webbing strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook