- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Sandhurst Series 1
DescriptionNot only a watch bearing the insignia of the British Army, the C65 Sandhurst doubles as a tribute to the history of British watchmaking - namely, to Smiths, one of the last volume watchmakers, and a constant inspiration to our aviation range.
Taking influence from the Smiths W10, a watch designed for speed of use during operations, the C65 Sandhurst subscribes to the same field watch school of design and legibility. Using a textured black dial as its foundation, Arabic numerals printed with white TC-1 Super-LumiNova sit within a printed outer white minute track. Old Radium Super-LumiNova has then been applied to rectangular indexes located at each quarter hour interval, along with five minute-positioned dots and an additional triangle at 12 o'clock. Beyond this alternating look being pleasing on the eye, the contrast between white and Old Radium lume makes readability even easier in all lighting conditions at just a glance.
The Sandhurst may hold vintage details close to its heart, but as a watch designed in England and engineered in Biel, Switzerland, it represents the best of modern-day technology. The Heraldic badge of the British Army has been intricately stamped and polished into the Sandhurst's backplate, along with reference to the Smiths W10. Elsewhere, like many watches available during the '60s period, the Sandhurst features a push-in crown engraved with CW's twin flag emblem; its brushed stainless steel case also utilises CW's signature 'light-catcher' design, while its bezel-free look mirrors the W10. For a watch that could be subjected to action at a moment's notice, the Sandhurst's 150m water resistance may just come in useful too.
MovementBefitting a watch named for the British Army, the C65 Sandhurst is powered by extremely rugged and precise Swiss-made automatic movement - in this case, a chronometer-certified version of the Sellita SW200-1. Tested by the Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres, an institute responsible for ensuring the highest standards of horological excellence, the SW200-1 has been tested in a number of positions and temperatures to ensure precision timekeeping throughout. The result is that the C65 Sandhurst will run within a tolerance of just -4/+6 seconds per day, placing it within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy.
There's a reason why the Sellita SW200-1 finds its way into many watches throughout the industry, including the three releases inside the Military Collection. With an in-built shock protection system protecting the balance wheel, thus helping deliver a smooth eight ticks a second (also known as 28,800 vibrations per hour or a 4Hz frequency), the SW200-1 is a tried-and-tested timekeeper. The rotor that helps deliver energy to its mainspring has even been decorated with CW's award-winning twin-flags pattern - a feature few will see, but a reaffirmation of its commitment to detail all the same.
- Diameter: 38mm
- Height: 11.6mm
- Weight: 60g
- Calibre: Sellita SW200 COSC
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Black
- Lume: T-C1 and Old Radium Super-LumiNova
- Bracelet width: 20mm
- Lug to Lug: 45.3mm
- Swiss made
- 26 jewel self-winding mechanical chronometer
- 38 hour power reserve
- Christopher Ward 'Colimacone' finish on movement
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- High Definition British Army Heraldic badge screw-down backplate
- Push-in crown stamped with twin flag motif
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Matte finish dial
- Christopher Ward logo at 12 o'clock
- Old Radium Super-LumiNova-filled indexes and baton-shaped hands
- TC-1 Super-LumiNova-applied Arabic numerals
- Printed outer minute track
- White seconds hand with red tip
- Unique engraved serial number
- Marine-grade stainless steel bracelet with micro-adjustable ratchet clasp and quick-release system for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook