- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC Limited Edition
DescriptionIn the 500-piece limited edition, 'Ombré' finds its way into the C65 Trident Collection for the first time.
But what exactly does 'Ombré' mean? While some find the term to be more synonymous with other industries - namely, hairdressing, but of course you knew that already - its literal translation from French means 'shaded'. The C65 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC Limited Edition's dial expertly demonstrates this: made from bronze, its colour is brass-like in its centre, before transitioning into a black varnish around the edge. The most intriguing aspect, however, is a number of delicate scratchings that adorn its surface; applied by hand, each dial throughout this 500-piece limited edition is completely unique.
Elsewhere, a black aluminium bezel insert combines pleasingly with the edge of the dial, while the C65 Collection's signature case design is here present in bronze form. Measuring in at a well-sized 41mm, the C5191 (CuSn6) bronze alloy used in its construction will begin to develop to its own patina upon contact with the elements, meaning that every owner will possess a watch distinctive from each of the other 499 models made. Fittingly for a watch reflective of '60s dive watch design, the C65 is water-resistant to 150m, with a hint of the modern represented through CW's signature trident located on its seconds hand counterbalance and deep-stamped into its stainless steel backplate.
MovementThe C65 Trident Collection may devote itself to dive watch design 50 years ago, but the chronometer-certified Sellita SW200 calibre running inside the C65 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC Limited Edition represents the finest of engineering today. A Swiss-made automatic movement with date wheel, every SW200 movement that features inside the C65 has passed through the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres; with a certified timing tolerance of just -4/+6 seconds per day in a variety of temperatures and positions, this limited edition sits within the top 6% of all Swiss-made watches for accuracy.
With a 4Hz frequency equating to a smooth eight ticks per second alongside a 38-hour power reserve, an in-built shock system will also ensure accuracy of timekeeping despite any sudden jolts or activity. As a watch in its element throughout those snorkelling or dive trips, the Sellita SW200 is the perfect choice for the C65 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC Limited Edition.
- Diameter: 41mm
- Height: 11.55mm
- Weight: 68g
- Calibre: Sellita SW200 COSC
- Case: Bronze C5191 (CuSn6)
- Backplate: 316L stainless steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial Colour: Ombré
- Lume: TC-1 Super-LumiNova
- Strap width: 22mm
- Strap colour: Black
- Lug to Lug: 47.1mm
- Limited edition of 500 pieces
- Swiss made
- 26 jewel self-winding chronometer-certified movement
- 38 hour power reserve
- Date calendar
- Central hacking seconds
- Anti-shock system
- Raw bronze C5191 (CuSn6) case with screw-down deep-stamped 3D backplate
- Embossed push-down crown
- Unidirectional raw bronze C5191 (CuSn6) bezel with anodised aluminium insert
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Ombré finish dial with black varnish exterior
- Super-LumiNova®-coated and gold-plated indexes and hands
- Signature Trident counter-balance on second hand
- Unique engraved serial number
- Cordura® and rubber hybrid waterproof strap with Christopher Ward buckle and quick-release pins for easy changing
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook