- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C65 Trident Diver
DescriptionDoes a watch need to have been constructed decades ago to be considered vintage? This was the question in the minds of all at Christopher Ward during the creation of the C65 Trident Diver, the latest addition to the C65 family - a range known for its blend of a diving, sporty aesthetic with dress watch stylings.
Occupying a unique space in-between our dive and dress collections, the C65 Trident Diver adopts technical qualities typical of a dive watch made fifty years ago. Matching the case sizes of many '60s divers, the C65 too measures in at the sweet spot of 41mm - ensuring its place as a versatile piece that can be worn anywhere, anytime. Its marine-grade stainless steel case construction utilises a variety of polished and brushed surfaces, whose combined effect creates a watch that looks even thinner on the wrist.
The presence of a glassbox sapphire crystal, combined with baton-shaped hands filled with Old Radium SuperLuminova (our dive range's Trident-shaped seconds counterbalance is of course also present) confirm the C65 Trident Diver's vintage credentials, regardless of whether you opt for either its black or blue colour scheme.
Its 150m water resistance may have since been surpassed by other more technically advanced releases, but that's not the point of the C65; this is a watch that captures the authenticity of the analogue age - specifically, the look and feel of iconic dive watches prevalent throughout the 60s - but infuses it with the capabilities and technologies allowed by modern day horology.
MovementBehind the Diver's trident-stamped caseback - there were no display backs during the 60s - a Swiss-made Sellita SW210 hand-wound movement keeps excellent time. A slim movement at only 3.35mm high, the Sellita 210-1 shares many of the same components as its self-winding cousin, the Sellita SW200-1. A classic frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (that's eight ticks a second) delivers 42 hours of continuous, accurate timekeeping once fully wound.
Significantly, it has been also decorated with Christopher Ward's distinctive Colimacone pattern. It's a feature that few will ever see, but remains indicative of the commitment to detail throughout this special watch.
- Diameter: 41mm
- Height: 11.55mm
- Weight: 65g
- Calibre: Sellita SW210
- Case: 316L Stainless Steel
- Water resistance: 15 ATM (150 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: +15/-15 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Black
- Lug to lug: 47.1mm
- Strap width: 22mm
- Strap colour: Black
- Swiss made
- 19 jewel hand-wound movement
- 42 hour power reserve
- Christopher Ward 'Colimacone' finish on movement
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- High Definition "Trident" motif screw-down backplate
- Push-in crown stamped with twin flag motif
- Unidirectional aluminium bezel
- "Glass box" sapphire crystal
- Matte finish dial
- Twin flags debossed at 12 o'clock
- Old Radium SuperLuminova indexes and hands
- Signature Trident counter-balance on seconds hand
- Unique engraved serial number
- Vintage oak leather strap with Christopher Ward-engraved dress clasp
- Luxurious presentation case and owner's handbook