5 Year Movement Guarantee
If your watch develops a mechanical fault within 5 years (sixty months) of despatch we will be happy to repair it free of charge. Please note that a service completed by anyone other than Christopher Ward will invalidate this guarantee. This 5 year Movement Guarantee does not affect any legal rights you may have.
How it works
Our in-house technicians use specialist equipment to diagnose the issue.
The parts required for the repair are selected.
Our technicians perform a thorough inspection and replace any parts that are worn or malfunctional.
To save time, if your watch is returned in pristine condition it may be replaced for an identical model.
- Accidental damage
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches, dents, corrosion or colour, where the function of the product is not affected;
- Water damage caused by a failure to maintain water resistance as set out in the owner’s manual;
- Straps and bracelets;
- Failure to follow the instructions in the owner’s manual;
- Magnetisation of any watch movement;
- Issues arising from adjusting the date wheel between the hours of 8pm and 2am;
- Over-winding any hand-wound mechanical watch;
- Deliberate damage or neglect.
No, except that we will not refund you the engraving charge.
No. The guarantee starts on the date that we despatch the watch.
Yes, provided the new owner can provide suitable evidence of their ownership, such as the original purchase documents.
We expect our quartz batteries to last at least two years and so will replace any defective battery free of charge up to this time. After this time, we will be happy to replace a battery but there will be a cost for doing so.