Terms and conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
Our terms of sale
1. These Terms
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are:
(a) goods - for example our watches or watch accessories; or
(b) services – for example if you ask us to repair or service a watch.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are. We are Christopher Ward London Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 05167936 and our registered office is at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL.
Our company in the USA is CW Watches Inc,15 Briarwood, Dover, NH, 03820, USA, a corporation registered in New Hampshire with the number 715990.
Christopher Ward London Limited and CW Watches Inc are both wholly owned subsidiaries of Christopher Ward (London) Holdings Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09076361. Registered office is at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL.
Christopher Ward London Limited provides services to CW Watches Inc, regarding the operation of the website, product for resale, customer and ancillary services.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at +44 (0)1628 763 040/ +1 (877) 380 2288, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Christopher Ward London Limited at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
3. Our contact with you
3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order, whether the order is placed online or by telephone, will take place when we have emailed confirmation, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If you do not have an email address, we will post the order confirmation to you.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order because:
- the product is out of stock;
- because of unexpected limits on our resources for which we could not reasonably plan;
- you have selected to pay using finance provided by an external partner and this partner denies your finance application;
- we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or
- because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified
We will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4 During our Sale periods Sale stock is only available to purchase though our website. We do not accept orders by telephone or email on Sale products.
4. Our products
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we make every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
4.2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website. If there is any change in the packaging for Sale items, this will be clearly identified on our website.
4.3 Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to your instructions, such as when you request us to engrave a product or to resize a bracelet, you are responsible for ensuring that these details and measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website. We cannot be liable for any mistake you make when providing instructions.
5. Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to your order please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 Your rights to end the contract). If you realise that engraving details you provided are incorrect you should email email@example.com within 24 hours of placing your order. However, as we are committed to delivering items to you quickly, we may not be able to correct this mistake. In the event that you have provided incorrect instructions to us, we cannot be liable for this and we shall not refund to you the costs of engraving. However, you still have the right to change your mind and cancel the contract between us, as set out in clause 8.
6. Minor changes to the products
We may change the product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product
7. Providing products
7.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website. Further details are here.
7.2 Delivery Location. We deliver worldwide. Countries we do not deliver to are here.
7.3 Exported Goods. Where we deliver goods internationally, there may be import duties and taxes which may be payable by you depending on local laws.
Further details about Customs Duties are available here.
7.4 When we will provide the products.
(a) If the products are watches and accessories. We will deliver them to you in accordance with the timescales specified within the Delivery section of our website
If you have ordered one or more products within your order, we reserve the right to deliver them separately depending on the availability of the product. There will be no extra charge to you if we decide to do so
If products are goods which are for pre-order, the date provided is the best available date known to us but can be subject to change. In the event this date changes, we will contact you to offer you the opportunity of accepting a new delivery date or cancel the order
(b) If the products are one-off services, like service and repairs. We will begin the services on the date agreed with you during the order process. The estimated completion date will be advised during the order process. For further details see Service and Repairs
7.5 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.6 You are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery.
7.7 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
7.8 When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us.
7.9 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full either directly from you or our Interest Free Credit provider PayPal Credit, and we have despatched the goods.
7.9 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full and we have despatched the goods.
7.10 What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, when we provide bespoke or engraved goods to you. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information, we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
7.11 Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
(b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
(c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6)
7.12 Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 30 days and we will refund any sums you have paid.
7.13 We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 11.4), we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products if you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 11.5).
8. Your rights to end the contract
8.1 You can end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
(a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back);
(b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do;
(c) If you have just changed your mind about the product, the terms of our 60:60 guarantee will apply. Please see below;
(d) If we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind
8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (d) above the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
(a) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
(b) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(c) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
(d) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong
8.3 Our 60:60 Guarantee
If you wish to change your mind within 60 days after the goods are despatched by us, we will give you a refund and pay for the costs of shipment back to us if the products are returned to us. Further details about our 60 day Guarantee and our 60 month movement Guarantee can be found here.
8.4 How to tell us about problems.IIf you have any questions or any problems concerning your watch or any other product you have purchased from us then please contact us by telephoning our customer services team at +44(0) 1628 763040/ +1 (877) 380 2288 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Christopher Ward London Limited at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1SL.
We are here to help clarify any questions and provide help and advice as to the best way to remedy any problems you may have.
In most cases you will be covered by our 60 day Guarantee or our 60 month movement Guarantee. If it is outside of either of these guarantees and there is an inherent defect we will, of course, repair the product free of charge.
8.5 When you don't have the right to change your mind.You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
(a) goods that are made to your specification; and
(b) once these have started, for example, a watch service or repair
8.6 Changing you mind about engraved products.If you wish to change your mind about a product which you have asked us to engrave, we shall not refund the costs of engraving unless we have not completed the engraving.
8.7 Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind.Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is despatched and paid for. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed and we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
9. How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by telephoning our customer services team at +44(0) 1628 7630400/ +1 (877) 380 2288 or emailing us at email@example.com or writing to Christopher Ward London Limited at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1SL.
9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been despatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. Further details regarding our Returns process is here.
10. Our rights to end the contract
10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
(a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due, and you still do not make payment within 10 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
(b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, if we are making a bespoke watch for you;
(c) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, send us the specific good to be serviced or repaired;
(d) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us
10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
11. Price and payment
11.1 Where to find the price for the product.The price of the product will be the price indicated and, in the currency, indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 11.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
For orders to be delivered within the UK and the European Union all prices will be inclusive of VAT.
For orders to be delivered outside the UK and the European Union all prices will be exclusive of any VAT relating to those jurisdictions. Where applicable a charge will be made for a Sales Tax depending on local taxation laws.
11.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT or Sales Tax. If the rate of VAT or Sales Tax changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT or Sales Tax that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT or Sales Tax takes effect.
11.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that if the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
11.4 When you must pay and how you must pay.We accept payment from most major credit and debit cards. In addition, you can also pay by PayPal or use our Interest Free Credit provider PayPal Credit.
All credit and debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery
When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
(a) For goods, you must pay for the products before we despatch them. We will charge your credit or debit card at the point that you complete your order.
(b) For services, such as service and repairs, you must make advance payment of the price of the services before we start providing them
11.5 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know and we will make any necessary amendment.
11.6 PayPal Credit. PayPal Credit is an external payment provider that allows you to obtain interest free credit and pay by instalments after you have ordered products. In this instance we act as a credit intermediary and offer credit products provided by PayPal Credit in both the UK and USA.
If you wish to pay using PayPal Credit’s services, please find more details here.
11.7 Promotional Codes and vouchers. We may from time to time at our sole discretion provide codes which may be used by you to receive a discount (Promotional Codes) by way of money or percentages off certain of our products or the value of your shopping basket
(i) may only be used on full price products and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer and do not apply to any Limited Edition, Sale or clearance, Nearly new, Bespoke, the Bel Canto range, or archive items;
(ii) excludes the purchase of Gift Vouchers, and does not apply to postage and shipping charges;
(iii) state the amount of discount to be applied and may be subject to a minimum purchase value;
(iv) will only be valid during the dates specified on the Promotional Code;
(v) may only be used once;
(vi) when provided to you, cannot be transferred to another person and must not be resold by you; and
(vii) are subject to any other rules specified in relation to the promotion
12. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
12.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill.
12.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and for any defective products.
12.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13. How we may use your personal information
14. Other important terms
14.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 14 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
14.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our 60:60 guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our 60 Day Guarantee and/or our 60 Month Movement Guarantee to a person who has acquired the product or, where the product is services, any item or property in respect of which we have provided the services. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property, for example the original purchase documents. For further details please see here.
14.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your 60:60 guarantee on to).This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except as explained in clause 14.2 in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
14.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect
14.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
14.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. With the exception of the USA, where the contracting party is CW Watches Inc, these terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts.
For CW Watches Inc, these terms are governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
Who we are and how to contact us
The site is operated by Christopher Ward London Limited “we" / “our” / “us”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 05167936 and have our registered office at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1SL.
The site is operated by Christopher Ward London Limited on behalf of CW Watches Inc for customers in the USA. Please see above for details of the relationship between CW Watches Inc and Christopher Ward London Limited.
To contact us, telephone our customer service line on +44 (0) 1628 763 040 (UK and EU) or +1 (877) 380 2288 (US and ROW), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Age limit for using our site
This website is not intended for children. If you are under 16, you may use our website only with consent from your parent or guardian.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms of Sale will apply to the sales of goods or services
- If you wish to enter competitions and prize draws that we run from time to time see further under competitions, prize draws and prizes below
The following rules apply to all promotions including free draws, pay-to-enter prize draws, prize competitions and instant win offers (the ‘competition/s’).
- From time to time we also run competitions on this website, at outside events or via our catalogue, which may be subject to additional terms and conditions. In these cases, they will be made available at the time.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, where a competition states free prize draw, or unless the competition specifically states that there is a cost, sale or requirement to entry, the competition will be deemed as being no purchase necessary.
- In the case of a prize draw where a purchase, whether this is to buy or a pre-order to buy, is required then entry to this type of competition will only be valid where a legitimate purchase has been made and will be on a one purchase per person basis.
- The competitions are conducted by us, unless where specified.
- Competitions are only open to all individuals who are aged 16 years or over. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered. Where the prize involves attending an event, transport to and from the event will only be included to the extent specified within the package which is being offered as part of the competition.
- We will provide the prize, as specified, to the winning entrant. In the unlikely event the item is not available, we reserve the right to substitute any prize for another prize of equal value.
- Competition winners will be randomly selected from the entries received, unless otherwise stated in the promotional material accompanying a competition.
- Only one entry per person, with the exception of those requiring a purchase which will be governed by 3 above. Entries cannot be returned. We do not accept responsibility for lost entries through technical fault. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt. We do not accept incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Entries in the incorrect format, spammers and entries received by bulk will be disqualified. We shall be permitted to exclude any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
- We will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering any competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal details by ourselves for the purposes of the administration of the competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Competitions are not open to employees of the company and their immediate families, together with those of any marketing agency and anyone else who may have been used by us in the creation and administration of the competition.
- By entering any competition, the winners agree to take part in any reasonable post event publicity and the use of their names, and any photographs provided by them, in such publicity.
- In the event of any instagram, facebook or other social media competitions, where the use of images is used, the entrant:
- May submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize
- By entering the competition confirms that his/her entry is their wholly owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep us harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or the proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to christopher ward london limited a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such user-generated content in connection with the service provided by our site and across different media, including use relating to promoting the site or its services.
Each entrant undertakes to complete any documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant these rights, please so not submit the images to us.
- Confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and ourselves
- We reserve the to decline any entries where we deem the image to be offensive or inappropriate or defame any person who is living or deceased
- Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will not be valid
We may make changes to these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 4th January 2022.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time without notice to reflect changes to our products and services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We are under no obligation to update our site or its content.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by emailing email@example.com
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
The site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact our customer services team on the details above.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products, and/or the provisions of any services to you, which will be set out in our Terms of Sale
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with
- Use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site
- In particular, we will not be liable for
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue
- Business interruption
- Loss of anticipated savings
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity
Acceptable use of our site
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms of website use
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution). Our standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these terms.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts)
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
- Comply with the law applicable in england and wales and in any country from which it is posted
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be in contempt of court
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that the contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content: a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such user-generated content in connection with the service provided by our site and across different media, including use relating to promoting the site or its services.
Rights you are giving us to use any suggestions, submissions or ideas
We welcome enquires and feedback on our products and services however whilst it is always appreciated, we reserve the right to decline any unsolicited suggestions or ideas. Notwithstanding this policy, any suggestions, submissions or ideas you provide us(collectively ‘submissions’ will be treated as non- proprietary and non- confidential.
As a consequence, by making a submission, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, sell, assign, translate, assign, translate, create derivate works from, distribute, and display in any form, media or technology, whether known or hereafter developed, alone or as part of other works.
You also acknowledge that your submission may not be returned and it may be used, along with any ideas, concept or know-how contained therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, distributing or marketing products.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the computer misuse act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms may constitute a breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
For CW Watches Inc, these terms are governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
Our trade marks
Christopher Ward London™ (word mark) and ™ are, amongst others, our trade marks.
You are not permitted to use these trademarks or any of our other trademarks without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Christopher Ward London Limited is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
In our case this applies to watches containing a quartz movement which are fitted to a battery and watch winders (WEEE items).
For example, if a customer buys anything which we define as being a WEEE item (see above) we would accept their old item back, free of charge, on a like for like basis and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 60 days of purchasing their new item. Return postage will be paid by us.
If any customer wishes to return their WEEE item, they should first contact email@example.com to obtain returns information. We will happily guide you through the process.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
- Please note: limited edition watches are excluded from all discounts and voucher codes.
C1 Bel Canto Limited Edition & C1 Bel Canto
- The C1 Bel Canto Limited Edition & C1 Bel Canto is excluded from all promotions and discounts, including the Loupe voucher code.
- Only one C1 Bel Canto can be purchased per customer.
January & July Sales
- During our Sale periods we set a maximum of five watches per customer.
- Customers will be capped at one watch model per customer. Multiples of the same watch cannot be purchased.
- Sale stock cannot be ordered over the phone during the Sale period.
- Next day delivery/express shipment is not available during the Sale period on all orders, including non-sale items.
- We are unable to offer gift notes and gift-wrap on Sale products.
C63 SH21 Snow Leopard Limited Edition
- 5 percent of the sale price from each watch sold will be donated to David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF)
- In addition to the donation, Christopher Ward will adopt one Snow Leopard for a year for every watch sold in the purchaser’s name
- By purchasing a C63 SH21 Snow Leopard, you give Christopher Ward permission to pass your name and email address to DSWF in order to send the adoption pack
- This information will be used solely to complete the adoption process, and will not be used for marketing purposes
- Christopher Ward will contact each purchaser after their purchase with full information on what is included in the adoption pack, and when you will be contacted by DSWF