Initially designed for cavers, the first GMT-explorer watches were engineered for the natural world: the fixed 24-hour bezel worked with the fourth GMT hand so explorers could discern whether it was day or night in the subterranean gloom.
So when it came to adding a new dial colour to the C63 Sealander GMT stable, we looked to nature, and the glimpse of iridescent blue you catch from the corner of your eye as a dragonfly goes by.
On the sunray dial, the Dragonfly Blue shade contrasts beautifully with the lume-soaked handset, while it also allows the orange fourth hand to deliver a ‘pop’ you can’t ignore. The dial also plays host to top-brushed, diamond-polished indexes filled with Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1 for low-light visibility, while the applied twin-flags logo – constructed in rhodium – adds depth.
The watch is one of the first to be paired with our new, dressier Consort bracelet, which, thanks to its five-link construction, forms close to the contours of your wrist (and whose butterfly clasp makes it super-easy to remove). Of course, the Sealander GMT can also be worn with the three-link Bader™ bracelet for a contrasting sporty look: buying both bracelets is almost like having two watches for the price of one.
Powering the watch is the Sellita SW330-2, a GMT movement with a power reserve of 56 hours. The movement allows you to use the fourth hand like cavers did in the past as a backup or to monitor another time zone with the 24-hour bezel – as you would on a traditional GMT.
Made from marine-grade 316L stainless steel, the 39mm Light-catcher™ case is not only sized to suit every wrist but comfortable to wear and hypnotising to look at – especially when light bounces off its brushed and polished surfaces. And because this is a watch made for land or sea, water-resistance is 150m.
Finally, if you like to change up your timepiece, swapping your bracelet for a strap (like the #tide or Hybrid Rubber) is super-easy thanks to our quick-release system.
Sellita SW330-2 GMT
Sellita SW330-2 GMT
The new Sellita SW330-2 is an alternative to the ETA 2893, and a movement that provides both superb accuracy and GMT timing.
Just 4.1mm thick, the SW330-2 has 25 jewels and beats at a rate of 28,800 per hour with a power reserve of up to 56 hours. The central GMT hand can be set independently from the hour and seconds hands.
The sunray-finished dial in Dragonfly Blue provides the perfect canvas for the indexes and handset (including that unmissable orange fourth hand). Meanwhile, the applied twin-flags logo adds depth.
Say hello to Consort
The new ultra-polished Consort bracelet brings out the best in Sealander. Its five-link construction makes it super-flexible to wear, while the butterfly clasp provides the easiest way to remove your watch.
See every part
When you turn the C63 Sealander GMT over, the see-through caseback gives you an intimate view of the decorated Sellita SW330-2 movement inside.
A case your wrist will love
The ergonomically shaped 39mm Light-catcher™ case – made from marine-grade stainless steel – has been designed to fit snugly on your wrist.
A bezel to rely on
The fixed outer bezel is made from anti-corrosive 316L stainless steel. Use its numerals in conjunction with the fourth hand to monitor a second time zone or, if underground, to check whether it’s day or night.
- Watch Model C63
- Size 39mm
- Dial Colour Dragonfly Blue
- Case Material Stainless steel
- Case Colour Silver
- Bezel Colour Silver
- Height 11.85mm
- Lug-to-Lug 45.8mm
- Case Weight 62g
- Weight inc. Strap 157g
- Water Resistance 15 ATM (150m)
- Movement Sellita SW330-2
- Power Reserve 56 hours
- No of Jewels 25
- Complication Type GMT
- Vibrations 28,800 p/hr (4Hz)
- Timing Tolerance +/- 20 sec p/day
- Lume SLN X1 BL C1
- Strap SKU 20-STL-27-SXS-MA
- Strap Size 20mm
- Strap Material Consort bracelet
- Strap Colour Silver
- Swiss made
- 25 jewel self-winding mechanical movement
- Up to 56-hour power reserve
- Twin-flag engraving over 'Colimaçoné' finish on the rotor
- Elaboré ‘Colimaçoné’ finish on the movement
- Brushed and polished marine-grade stainless steel case
- Circular brushed and polished fixed steel bezel with black lacquer filling
- Anti-shock system
- GMT complication
- Embossed screw-down crown
- Screw down display caseback
- Unique engraved serial number
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Central hacking seconds
- Date calendar
- Sunray finish dial
- Top-brushed indexes with diamond polished facets
- Brushed and polished gunmetal hands
- Signature Trident counter-balance on seconds hand
- Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 BL C1-filled hands and indexes
- Brushed and polished five-link Consort bracelet with butterfly clasp
- Eco-friendly luxury presentation case and owner's handbook